YOUR PERFECT PALACE WE HELP YOU TAKE THE RIGHT STEPS TO FINDING YOUR PERFECT HOME.
We recommend your first step is to Pre-Qualify with a mortgage broker to see how much you can afford on a home. Once we set your budget, we can perfectly pair you with listings in your perfect price range.
Meet with a mortgage broker and find out how much you can afford to pay for a home.
While knowing how much you can afford is the first step, sellers will be much more open to buyers who have been pre-approved. We don’t want you to be disappointed or show you a home that you would not be likely to approve of. With Pre-Approval, the buyer actually applies for a mortgage and receives a commitment in writing from a lender. Doing this, we can fairly assume the home you’re interested in is at or under the amount you are pre-qualified for, then the seller knows immediately that you are a serious buyer for that property. Costs for pre-approval are generally very low and lenders will usually permit you to pay them when you close your loan.
Share your vision of Your Perfect Palace.
We like to recommend our buyers to make 2 Perfect Palace lists. The first list should include items you must have (i.e., the number of bedrooms you need for the size of your family, a one-story house if accessibility is a factor, etc.). The second list is your wishes, things you would like to have in your palace (pool, den, etc.) but that are not absolutely necessary. Realistically for first-time buyers, it is likely you will not get everything on your wish list, but it will keep you on track for what you are looking for.
Representation by a Perfect Palace Professional
Consider hiring your own real estate agent, one who is working for you, the buyer, not the seller. We represent both buyers and sellers, but when trying to find your perfect palace, we always recommend having your own representation. At your perfect palace we work with Real Estate Executives and Real Estate Attorneys.
Organization for Your Perfect Palace
In any location, keep handy the items that will assist you in maximizing your home search efforts. Such items may include:
- In a convenient location, keep handy the items that will assist you in maximizing your home.
- A digital folder or paper file of the properties that your agent has shown to you, along with ad’s you have cut out from the newspaper or printable online listings to be emailed to your sales rep.
- Paper and pen, for taking notes as you search.
- Instant or video/photo camera to help refresh your memory on individual properties, especially if you are attending a series of showings.
- Location: Look at a potential property as if you are the seller. Would a prospective buyer find it attractive based on school district, crime rate, proximity to positive (shopping, parks, freeway access) and negative (abandoned properties, garbage dump, source of noise) features of the area?
Visualize the Perfect Palace empty & with your perfect décor.
Are the rooms laid out to fit your Perfect Palace needs? Is there enough light? Can your furniture fit in the room? Do you like the Décor in the listing? Is there anything you want to change?
Every Palace takes time to find…
Instead of thinking with your heart when you find a home, think with your head logically. Does this home really meet your needs? There are many houses on the market, so don’t make a hurried decision that you may regret later. We are here to help you find what fits your needs, perfection is not rushed, and Rome was not built in a day.
Inspect Your Perfect Palace
A few extra dollars well spent now may save you big expenses in the long run. Don’t forget such essentials as:
- Include inspection & mortgage contingencies in your written offer.
- Have the property inspected by a professional inspector.
- Request a second walk-through to take place within 24 hours of closing.
- You want to check to see that no changes have been made that were not agreed on (i.e., a nice chandelier that you assumed came with the sale having been replaced by a cheap ceiling light).
All the above may seem rather overwhelming. That is why having a professional represent you and keep track of all the details for you is highly recommended. Please email me or call me directly to discuss any of these matters in further detail. Laura@yourperfectpalace.com